Grace is an Associate in the firm’s Banking, Start-Up, and Real Estate Groups, helping businesses, creatives, and innovators achieve their goals and protect their brands. Her practice focuses on a variety of issues, including real estate and business transactions, wealth management, corporate law, intellectual property, privacy matters, and cybersecurity.
As a Des Moines native and Roosevelt High School graduate, Grace is deeply familiar with the Iowa business and legal industry landscapes.
She received her undergraduate degree in Political Science from Iowa State University and her Juris Doctor at the University of Iowa College of Law. While in law school, Grace was a published student writer and editor for the Journal of Corporation Law, one of the nation’s top corporate law periodicals. Her passion for legal writing and publication spans multiple mediums — Grace wrote, produced, and hosted a podcast while in law school, and now co-hosts Dickinson Law’s firm podcast, Beyond Juris.
Education & Background
- J.D., University of Iowa College of Law, 2020 (Note & Comment Editor, Journal of Corporation Law)
- B.A. (political science), Iowa State University, 2016 (Summa Cum Laude)
Honors & Awards
- 2020 recipient of the Arthur Bonfield Award, University of Iowa College of Law
Admitted to practice in the following states:
Memberships & Activities
- Iowa State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Polk County Women Attorneys
Articles & Presentations
- Presenter, "Intellectual Property Basics," Dickinson Law Startup Legal Webinar (available On Demand), October 8, 2020
- Author, WeStillChat: Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction Temporarily Halting Trump Administration’s Ban, Iowa Cybersecurity Law Blog, September 21, 2020
- Author, USPTO Warns of Trademark Application Scammers, Iowa Intellectual Property Blog, Iowa Start-Up Group Blog, September 18, 2020
- Author, Hurricane Winds in the Midwest Spur Questions of Premises Liability and Damage Control, Iowa Banking Law Blog, Iowa Real Estate & Land Use Blog, August 20, 2020
- Host/presenter of Beyond Juris Podcast
- Host/presenter of Law & Disorder Podcast
- Author, Iowans Need Change: The Case for Repeal of Iowa’s Certificate of Need Law, 45 J. Corp. L. 221 (2019)