Regan E. Conder
Des Moines, IA 50309
With over eight years of experience, Regan is a Shareholder at Dickinson Law, practicing primarily as a family law and general civil litigation attorney. In her family law practice, she litigates actions concerning child custody and complex property disputes. In child custody actions, Regan’s approach is to zealously advocate for her client’s position while safeguarding the minor children involved.
Regan also has experience in complex property disputes involving self-employment income, business valuations, family farm operations, inheritance and alimony. Regan stays apprised of current Iowa law and communicates with renowned experts to facilitate the most cost-effective outcome for her clients.
In her family law practice, she also litigates private termination of parental rights actions and private adoptions. Regan has extensive trial experience in the fifth, second and eighth judicial districts in Iowa. In addition to her active litigation practice, Regan regularly counsels clients who are preparing for litigation or who wish to resolve custody matters informally and amicably.
In her general civil litigation practice, Regan works with businesses and individuals in contract disputes, construction disputes, business dissolutions and employment law.
In her free time, Regan enjoys spending time with her son, two dogs, and husband.
Learn more about the Family Law Practice at Dickinson Law, below.
Education & Background
- J.D., Drake University Law School
- B.A., Drake University (Phi Beta Kappa, Cum Laude)
Honors & Awards
- Selected for inclusion in the 2021-2023 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in the area of Family Law.
Admitted to practice in the following states:
Reported Cases and Representative Matters
Represented clients in multiple child custody modification trials and obtained favorable results, including attorney fees.
Represented clients in multiple original custody actions and obtained favorable results.
Successfully vacated a private termination of parental rights order and established paternity for client.
Vacated on appeal a domestic abuse finding.
Represented multiple clients in divorce litigation where clients’ assets are millions of dollars, involve business valuations, and spousal support.
Represented client in common law marriage proceeding and obtained property award for client.
Represented multiple clients in habeas corpus proceedings and injunction hearings and obtained favorable results.
Litigated the enforceability of antenuptial agreements.
Memberships & Activities
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Polk County Bar Association
- Iowa Association for Justice
- Polk County Women Attorneys
- Member, Board of Directors, 2018-present
- Beacon of Life
- Member, Board of Directors, 2018-present
Articles & Presentations
- Co-Presenter, "Legislative and Case Law Update: New Frontiers," Dickinson Law Employment Law Seminar, May 19, 2022
- Featured, New Resource: Family Law FAQ Page, Iowa Family Law Blog, February 23, 2022
- Author, How Do Child Care Costs Affect Child Support?, Iowa Family Law Blog, February 18, 2022
- Author, Finding Hidden Assets in a Divorce, Iowa Family Law Blog, August 4, 2021
- Author, Infidelity in Divorce, Iowa Family Law Blog, March 26, 2021
- Featured, Family Law Feature: Get to Know... Regan Wilson, Iowa Family Law Blog, March 15, 2021
- Auhtor, How to Strategize an Amicable Divorce, Iowa Family Law Blog, February 18, 2021
- Author, Litigating COVID-19 Vaccines in the Family Law Context, Iowa Family Law Blog, January 6, 2021
- Author, Child Custody and Visitation in the Unchartered Territories of COVID-19, Iowa Family Law Blog, March 30, 2020
- Author, I am Laid Off Due to Covid-19: Do I Still Have a Child or Spousal Support Obligation?, Iowa Family Law Blog, March 20, 2020
- Author, The Hesitancy Behind Recognizing Common Law Marriages, Iowa Family Law Blog, Iowa Trusts & Estates Law Blog, July18, 2018
- Author, Adoptions in Iowa Include Enforceable Surrogacy Contracts, Iowa Family Law Blog, March 7, 2018
- Author, Iowa Revamps Its Child Support Guidelines--Sort Of, Iowa Family Law Blog, August 15, 2017
- Author, Temporary Modification, Iowa Family Law Blog, May 24, 2017
- Author, Vocalizing a Child's Custodial Preference to the Court, Iowa Family Law Blog, February 24, 2017
- Author, A Private Affair: Terminating Parental Rights Without State Intervention, Iowa Family Law Blog, February 15, 2017
- Author, Cash Medical Support: What Are Your Options? Iowa Family Law Blog, December 8, 2016
- Presenter, "When to Obey a POA," 2016 Iowa Banking Law Seminar, West Des Moines, September 7, 2016