Sierra L. McConnell
Sierra’s practice focuses on assisting clients with a variety of business issues including Corporate Governance, Cybersecurity, Data Breach & Privacy, Business Formation, Startups, and Emerging Technology.
She also practices in the areas of Banking Law and Regulatory Compliance, and helps both individuals and businesses with their Real Estate needs.
While completing her legal training, Sierra gained experience working with startups and emerging companies as a student attorney at the Drake Entrepreneurial/Transaction Clinic. She also served as Executive Editor of the Drake Journal of Agricultural Law and as a 2020 Summer Associate at Dickinson Law.
Sierra received undergraduate degrees in Marketing and Speech Communications (Summa Cum Laude) from the Ivy College of Business at Iowa State University and her Juris Doctorate degree with High Honors from Drake Law School.
Education & Background
J.D., Drake Law School (with High Honors), 2021
B.S., Iowa State University Ivy College of Business (Summa Cum Laude), member Phi Beta Kappa
Student Attorney, Drake Entrepreneurial / Transaction Clinic
Executive Editor, Drake Journal of Agricultural Law, Drake University Law School
Member, ABA NAAC Moot Court Team
Member, Drake Arbitration Team
Summer Associate, Dickinson, Mackaman, Tyler & Hagen P.C.
Admitted to practice in the following states:
Articles & Presentations
- Author, Iowa Banking Act Reflects the “New Normal”, Modernizing the Iowa Banking Act Blog Series, Iowa Banking Law Blog, September 2, 2022
- Author, Administration of the Division of Banking Changed by New Law, Modernizing the Iowa Banking Act Blog Series, Iowa Banking Law Blog, August 12, 2022
- Author, IDOB’s Regulatory Authority is Reviewed Under New Law, Modernizing the Iowa Banking Act Blog Series, Iowa Banking Law Blog, August 5, 2022
- Author, Regulatory Relief is Provided for Iowa Banks, Modernizing the Iowa Banking Act Blog Series, Iowa Banking Law Blog, July 29, 2022
- Co-Presenter, "Legislative and Case Law Update: New Frontiers," Dickinson Law Employment Law Seminar, May 19, 2022
- Co-Presenter, "Second Verse: Mandatory Vaccination Laws (available on demand)," Dickinson Law Employment Law Virtual Seminar, November 4, 2021
- Presenter, "Sierra and the Supremes: Case Law Update (available on demand)," Dickinson Law Employment Law Virtual Seminar, November 4, 2021
- Co-Author, Mandated Vaccination under Executive Order 14042: Are Depository Institutions Covered?, Iowa Employer Law Blog, Iowa Banking Law Blog, September 27, 2021
- Author, Constitutionality of Checkoff Programs, Drake Journal of Agricultural Law, Vol. 25 No. 2, (2020)