22 in 2022: Dickinson Attorneys Chosen for Best Lawyers® Honors
Posted on 08/19/2021 at 11:47 AM by The Newsroom
Dickinson, Mackaman, Tyler & Hagen, P.C. is pleased to announce that once again attorneys of the firm have been named by Best Lawyers to all three of its recognition lists for 2022, representing more than 70% of the firm’s attorneys.
- Four distinguished attorneys were honored as “Lawyer of the Year” in their respective areas of law in Des Moines:
- 17 attorneys with extensive experience were included in The Best Lawyers in America, and:
- Three rising lawyers were recognized in the second edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch.
Lawyers of the Year
Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as the "Lawyer of the Year," making this accolade particularly significant. These lawyers are selected based on particularly impressive voting averages received during the peer review assessments. Receiving this designation reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among other leading lawyers in the metropolitan area and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism, and their integrity.
Four attorneys from Dickinson Law were named “Lawyer of the Year” for 2022 in their respective areas, including:
- F. Richard Lyford – Appellate Practice
- Richard Malm – Corporate Governance Law
- David Repp – Tax Law
- Melissa Schilling – Litigation – Labor and Employment Law
2022 Best Lawyers in America
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. The organization has published their list for over three decades, earning the respect of the profession, the media, and the public as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals.
Lawyers on The Best Lawyers in America list are divided by geographic region and practice areas, and are reviewed by their peers for their professional expertise.
Dickinson attorneys recognized for The Best Lawyers in America 2022 include:
- Jeffrey G. Baxter - Business Organizations including LLCs and Partnerships
- Benjamin Bruner - Banking and Finance Law, Land Use and Zoning Law, and Real Estate Law
- Howard O. Hagen - Banking and Finance Law and Financial Services Regulation Law
- Thomas D. Hanson - Bet-the-Company Litigation and Commercial Litigation
- Jill R. Jensen-Welch - Employment Law - Management and Litigation - Labor and Employment
- John E. Lande - Commercial Litigation and Privacy and Data Security Law
- Ronald L. Mountsier - Tax Law
- Bryan P. O'Neill - Employment Law - Management and Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Mollie M. Pawlosky - Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, and Commercial Litigation
- Amy Plummer - Banking and Finance Law, Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, and Corporate Law
- David M. Repp - Nonprofit / Charities Law, Tax Law, and Trusts and Estates law
- Russell L. Samson - Employment Law - Management and Labor Law – Management
- Melissa A. Schilling - Employment Law - Management and Litigation - Labor and Employment
- William B. Serangeli - Commercial Litigation, Litigation - Land Use and Zoning, Litigation - Real Estate, and Real Estate Law
- William R. Stiles - Commercial Transactions / UCC Law, Corporate Law, Land Use and Zoning Law, and Real Estate Law
- Paul R. Tyler - Land Use and Zoning Law and Real Estate Law
- Mary A. Zambreno - Family Law
Ones To Watch
The Ones to Watch list recognizes associates and other lawyers who are earlier in their careers for their outstanding professional excellence in private practice. Lawyers recognized are divided by geographic region and practice areas, and are reviewed by their peers on the basis of professional expertise, and undergo an authentication process to make sure they are in current practice and in good standing.
The following Dickinson lawyers were recognized in the 2022 Edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch:
- Grace Bogart – Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships) and Data Security (first year)
- Cody J. Edwards - Litigation and Controversy - Tax and Tax Law
- Regan Wilson - Family Law
About Dickinson, Mackaman, Tyler & Hagen, P.C.
Experience You Need. Results You Want.
Dickinson, Mackaman, Tyler & Hagen, P.C. is a general practice law firm in Des Moines, Iowa. Our attorneys provide a full range of legal and business counseling services to a client base that includes large corporations, small businesses, governmental entities and not-for-profit organizations with interests in Iowa. From a $60-per-month rental office with one attorney nearly 85 years ago, Dickinson Law has grown into a leading general practice firm that proudly serves clients in all of Iowa's 99 counties. We consider ourselves teammates in the interest of our clients' success. Ultimately, our goal is to provide legal services and counseling which enhance the reputation of both the client and the attorney involved.
Categories: Grace Bogart, Tom Hanson, Cody Edwards, Jeff Baxter, Melissa Schilling, Bryan O'Neill, Mollie Pawlosky, Bill Serangeli, Ben Bruner, Bill Stiles, Dick Lyford, Jill Jensen-Welch, Russ Samson, Rick Malm, Howard Hagen, Paul Tyler, John Lande, David Repp, Amy Plummer, Ron Mountsier, Dickinson Law News, Mary Zambreno, Regan Conder
Questions, Contact us today.
The material, whether written or oral (including videos) that is posted on the various blogs of Dickinson Law is not intended, nor should it be construed or relied upon, as legal advice. The opinions expressed in the various blog posting are those of the individual author, they may not reflect the opinions of the firm. Your use of the Dickinson Law blog postings does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and Dickinson, Mackaman, Tyler & Hagen, P.C. or any of its attorneys. If specific legal information is needed, please retain and consult with an attorney of your own selection.