We know the law and our qualified business attorneys are more than fit to provide legal business consulting to our clients. In fact, you will find members of our business law section speaking frequently on legal topics, chairing bar association committees, and maintaining blogs on the latest legal issues.
But more importantly, we know our clients. We visit our clients on our own time to learn how they do business. Our clients are our business.
We do more than push paper. Like other law firms, we have experience in all aspects of the business law practice. But our passion lies beyond the paperwork. We take our role as legal business counselors seriously. Whether a straightforward entity formation or a complex merger, we're engaged throughout the process. We advise our clients and make recommendations only after listening to and understanding our clients' expectations and goals.
We are attentive to our clients and their timetables. We return their phone calls and reply to their emails. We know that our clients want their lawyers to be dealmakers, not deal killers.
We work as a team. We will staff your project with the right amount of experience and specialization.
When you retain us you are retaining lawyers who are not only passionate about banking law, but also passionate about our clients. We will be responsive and aggressive advocates for you knowing that our first responsibility is to see that you achieve your goals, effectively and efficiently.
Our wide-ranging work in this area of the law includes representing, assisting or counseling our business clients with regard to:
- Business formation/choice of entity
- Business contracts and agreements
- Mergers and acquisitions/selling and purchasing of businesses
- Funding and financing for business operations
- Business litigation
- Business reorganizations
- Executive compensation
- Corporate governance and director and officer liability issues
- Business succession planning
- Business taxation
- Licensing and permits
- Secured transactions and other credit arrangements
- Commercial lending
- Joint ventures
- Corporate and regulatory advice
- Licensing agreements
- Employee relations
- Shareholder agreements including buy/sell and voting agreements
- Shareholders' rights
- Private securities offerings
- Securities regulation and reporting at the state and federal levels
- Stock issuance, stock splits, reverse stock splits, and stock redemptions
- Insider and affiliate transactions
- Debt securities
- Limited liability companies