Innovate. Compete. Thrive.
New and emerging technologies are changing many aspects of our lives for the better, including how we do business. Here in Iowa, we have a deep history of developing new technology. Companies are increasingly looking to develop and capitalize on this fast-growing sector within the state.
At Dickinson Law, our Emerging Technology group is in a unique position to give you a competitive advantage as you grow and adopt new technologies within your business. Our law firm will help you to increase efficiency, generate new business, and ultimately boost your bottom line as consumers increasingly moving toward more digital services and goods.
Our team of forward-thinking, innovative attorneys understands emerging technologies in the market. We can guide you through the intricate path of starting a technology-based company or implementing new technology into your business. From Fintech to Blockchain and on to whatever’s next that innovators can dream up on the technology horizon, we can help you navigate the regulatory and legal issues.
Unique, Integrated Legal Capabilities
Our attorneys work in an interdisciplinary environment and can bring their technical knowledge and advanced training to other fields of law as your business evolves. This includes practice areas such as Corporate M&A, Tax Law, Litigation, Cybersecurity, Employment Law, Privacy Law, and much more.
It’s all about you and your company as you forge ahead into the great beyond.
Attorneys with Tech Experience
Our attorneys have experience working with a wide range of entrepreneurs, startups, and growing organizations, and present on the latest technology advances to groups and organizations in Iowa.
Emily McGovern earned her Juris Doctor at Washington University School of Law and holds a Master of Laws (LLM) degree focused on Law & Entrepreneurship from Duke University School of Law. She has knowledge of applying the law to data-driven technologies, including artificial intelligence and distributed ledger tech. Her legal training includes an internship at the National Consumer Law Center in Boston, MA. She also served as a student attorney at the Entrepreneurship and Intellectual Property Clinic in St. Louis, MO.
Andrea Rastelli earned her Juris Doctor from the University of Iowa. She has legal experience working with several companies focused on cutting-edge technology, including national communications and financial services companies. Andrea also is experienced in working with growing companies looking for tech opportunities to help them gain market share. She also serves as a mentor to girls interested in STEM-focused careers.
- Ag Technology
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
Software/Coding Language Capabilities
- Solidity (coming)
- Open Source
Iowa has deep historical roots when it comes to developing new technology.
at Dickinson Law for more information.
- NFTs with Chris Draper: Beyond Juris Ep. 12
- Successful Serial Entrepreneurship with Seth Burgett, Ep. 11 of Beyond Juris
- Prioritizing Legal Compliance with Max Mussell of Updo: Ep. 10 of Beyond Juris
- Supreme Court Confirms Facebook’s Autodialer Interpretation Under TCPA
- Bogart Publishes on Using Blockchain to Address Climate Change in The Environmental Law Reporter®
- Blockchain Basics with Trokt's Chris Draper - Podcast Episode #9
- Keeping Innovation in Iowa with Professor Christina Bohannan - Podcast Episode #8
- It's All About Latency: The Future of Data Processing and Storage - Podcast Episode #7
- Idea Execution with Justin Brady - Podcast Episode #6
- Jeff Quint from Cedar Ridge: Barrel-Aging Your Start-Up Efforts - Podcast Episode #5
- Buying and Selling: Succession Planning for Startups - Podcast Episode #4
- Trademark Registration Prices Set to Increase in 2021
- On Demand: Startup Legal Webinar
- Startup Legal Webinar to Be Held October 8
- Register for the 2020 Banking Law Webinar Series
- COVID-19: Fraudsters Also Work From Home
- Startup Presentation Now Available On Demand
- Building a Winning Cybersecurity Program: Where Does Leadership Start?
- Startup and Fintech Leaders to Present at March 5th Seminar
- Dickinson Law to Host Startup Seminar & Happy Hour March 5th
- Fintechs and the Bumpy Regulatory Landscape in Iowa
- New Emerging Technology Practice at Dickinson Law