The attorneys at Dickinson Law provide expertise in a wide array of practice areas including banking, cybersecurity, taxation, employment, education, trusts & estates, real estate, litigation, and family law.
Our attorneys provide a full range of legal and business counseling services to a client base that includes large corporations, small businesses, governmental entities, and not-for-profit organizations with interests in Iowa. You can find a list of industries with an overview and attorneys available below.
We are an Iowa law firm, providing a range of legal and business counseling services. Head to our website to learn more about Iowa construction lawyers. We have extensive experience representing owners, contractors, construction managers, developers, design professionals, lenders, insurance and bonding companies, suppliers and sureties in all aspects of the construction process, including bidding and document preparation, contract negotiation and formation, contract performance, financing and warranty issues, OSHA compliance and guidance, liens, and litigation and dispute resolution of claims.
Our wide-ranging work includes representing, assisting or counseling our construction business clients with regard to:
- Construction contracts and related issues
- Professional liability claims for architects and engineers
- Defective workmanship, warranty, and other claims
- Representing municipalities and private owners in construction litigation
- Mechanic’s liens enforcement and defense
- Iowa Chapter 573 public improvement bond claims and defense
- Mediation and arbitration
- Commercial and residential breach of contract disputes
- Land ownership and land right disputes
- Performance and surety bond claims
- Sales and Use Tax
- OSHA Defense and Consultation
- Funding and financing for construction operations
- Advising on employment issues including Family and Medical Leave Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, National Labor Relations Act, and drug testing
- Commercial property acquisition and disposition
- Real property tax assessment and valuation issues
- Zoning, use variances, subdivision planning
When you retain Dickinson, Mackaman, Tyler & Hagen P.C. you are retaining responsive and aggressive advocates who know that our first responsibility is to see that you achieve your goals, effectively and efficiently. Connect with one of our construction attorneys today.
- Iowa Supreme Court Ruling Benefits Subcontractors
- Longtime Dickinson Attorneys Head Into Retirement
- Attorneys’ Fees Now Available for Residential Mechanics’ Lien Foreclosures
- Webinar: COVID-19 Relief Options and Your Business
- No Attorneys’ Fees in Residential Mechanics’ Lien Foreclosure
- Want to Foreclose a Mechanics Lien? Get Your Invoices Straight.
Attorneys of the Des Moines-based Dickinson Law Firm have been serving clients throughout the state of Iowa since 1937.