Start-Up Group for New & Emerging Enterprises
Your Vision is Our Vision
Developing a new business presents an array of challenges. Although it’s to be an entrepreneur or investor, there’s also much to be done to set the business up for success. Whether the long-term goal is to grow into a booming corporation or to remain a staple in your local community, navigating the complex legal and business issues for any startup is essential.
At Dickinson Law, our Start-Up Group is a team of lawyers and attorneys with decades of experience. Our startup law firm in Des Moines, Iowa collectively offers the specialized legal skills required by new and emerging enterprises. In the early stages of your company’s life, you need a legal team that’s capable of seamlessly adapting to fit your needs, and that is something we can appreciate.
Attorneys in our Start-Up practice are committed to supporting you at every stage. We can provide everything from founders’ agreements, tax advice (from filing your taxes properly to evaluating your tax situation), and copyright registration to private stock offerings and purchase agreements. In addition, we understand the needs of new firms and offer services to meet such needs promptly, efficiently, and at rates that new businesses can afford. We see the importance of understanding the business of each client and take the time to achieve this.
Attorneys with Start-Up Experience
Our attorneys have experience working with entrepreneurs, startups, and growing organizations. When you choose the Start-Up Group, your vision is our vision. We look forward to supporting you as you see it through.
Amy Plummer practices include banking law, corporate and business law, mergers and acquisitions, and business formations. She also assists clients with intellectual property, e-commerce law, and software licensing agreements. She was recently recognized a second time by Best Lawyers in America for her work in Business Organizations, Closely Held Companies, and Family Business Law.
Jeffrey Baxter serves business clients in a variety of matters such as real estate acquisition, business formation, and commercial foreclosure. He also provides advice in real estate, zoning, and land matters, and represents businesses in a wide range of issues. Jeff’s experience as a former lobbyist allows him to think creatively and strategically to develop solutions for clients.
Have a great business idea but not sure where to start? Here are a few resources regarding startups from Dickinson's Start-Up Lawyers and Attorneys:
Need to speak to an attorney?
- Blockchain Basics with Trokt's Chris Draper - Podcast Episode #9
- Keeping Innovation in Iowa with Professor Christina Bohannan - Podcast Episode #8
- Congress Places Injunctive Relief Burden on Defendant in Trademark Infringement Disputes
- It's All About Latency: The Future of Data Processing and Storage - Podcast Episode #7
- Idea Execution with Justin Brady - Podcast Episode #6
- Rastelli Appointed to the IAPP National Advisory Board
- Jeff Quint from Cedar Ridge: Barrel-Aging Your Start-Up Efforts - Podcast Episode #5
- Buying and Selling: Succession Planning for Startups - Podcast Episode #4
- Trademark Registration Prices Set to Increase in 2021
- From Farmer's Markets to Supermarkets: Podcast Episode #3 Available
- Building a Business: Podcast Episode #2 Now Available
- On Demand: Startup Legal Webinar
- Startup Legal Webinar to Be Held October 8
- USPTO Warns of Trademark Application Scammers
- Bogart & Soderstrum Join Dickinson Law
- Webinar: COVID-19 Relief Options and Your Business
- COVID-19: Paycheck Protection Program – Forgivable Loans for Businesses under SBA 7(a) Program
- Webinar: COVID-19 Mandated Emergency Leaves: Employers with Less Than 500 Employees
- SBA Disaster Loans – What Constitutes a Small Business
- The Coronavirus and Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
- SBA Disaster Business Loans – Iowa Now Designated as Disaster Area
- Startup Presentation Now Available On Demand
- Building a Winning Cybersecurity Program: Where Does Leadership Start?
- Startup and Fintech Leaders to Present at March 5th Seminar
- SEC Asserts Authority: Some ICOs Are Legal, Some Are Not
- Dickinson Law to Host Startup Seminar & Happy Hour March 5th
- Announcing Legal Office Hours for Entrepreneurs & Startups at Gravitate Coworking Downtown
- Navigating Company Emergencies CLE Session Offered for Biotech Companies