Tax laws are complicated. Dickinson's tax law attorneys advise privately and publicly held and multi-state businesses, tax-exempt organizations and individuals regarding all types of taxes, including individual and corporate income taxes, employment taxes, sales and use taxes, estate and gift taxes, excise taxes and property taxes. We assist clients with tax planning and represent clients before the IRS or other tax authorities in tax litigation, audits, appeals, and collection matters.
Representative Tax Law Matters
- Represented horse breeder against claims that the activity was a hobby, not a business.
- Represented former corporate officer against claims that he was a “responsible person” who was liable for the corporation’s unpaid employment taxes.
- Defended a corporation and its shareholders in an IRS Criminal Division investigation as to certain financial transactions.
- Assisted numerous clients in setting up installment payment plans with the IRS and the state of Iowa.
- Negotiated offers in compromise on behalf of clients with both the IRS and the Iowa Department of Revenue.
- Defended a resident of Texas against taxation by the Iowa Department of Revenue.
- Defended partnership with regard to an IRS tax collection matter.
- Iowa Department of Revenue Issues Contradictory, Confusing Guidance Regarding Computer Sales Tax Exemption
- IRS Guidance on Deducting Expenses paid with PPP Loan Proceeds
- On Demand: Startup Legal Webinar
- Startup Legal Webinar to Be Held October 8
- IRS Issues Payroll Tax Deferral Guidance — Answering Some Questions
- Sales Tax Issues when Rebuilding After the Iowa Derecho
- 2020 Iowa Legislative Session Sales and Use Tax Changes
- COVID-19: Tax Filing Date & Payment Extension, Tax Credits for Paid Leave, and NEW Stimulus Payments
- Festivus 2019: State Tax Edition
- Dickinson Attorneys to Present at Bloethe Tax School CLE